STARLiNE-DASH 4-NP Plating Control
for Electroless Nickel
Uyemura, the industry leader in electroless nickel plating and plating control, has introduced STARLiNE-DASH 4-NP, the newest and most advanced process control technology for EN plating.
DASH 4-NP samples the electroless nickel plating solution, analyzes nickel and pH values, and replenishes automatically. As a result, baths can be maintained continuously at 2-4% of optimum, nickel can be controlled within +/-0.05 g/L, and overall plating rate can usually be increased.
It also offers these 10 important advantages:
- A foundation in the field-proven analysis protocols of the DASH NP3
- Pre-programming with parameters applicable to specific EN chemistry; simply select the plating product name from the menu
- Controls up to two independent plating baths
- Is operated easily by a color display HMI, which can be password-protected
- Immediately displays real time analysis
- Archives analysis and error records so bath history can be evaluated as charts or numerical values
- Can be connected to an external monitoring system for bath condition monitoring in real time
- Is exceptionally "green"; plating rinse water is used to cool sampling solutions, for example, eliminating the need for additional cooling water. And because it will reduce the amount of chemistry used, and the parts rejected, it is also a solid strategy for pollution prevention.
- A side-accessible reservoir column
- Precise tracking of chemical use, bath age, and replenisher inventory
STARLiNE-DASH 4-NP operators review system history, establish sampling schedules, calibrate bath sensors, and specify tolerances; the system does the rest.
As a result:
- Deposition rates are kept exceptionally uniform.
- The plating line can perform at maximum productivity, even when loading is highest.
- Management has a proven way to control costs and rejects.
Download the STARLiNE-DASH 4-NP Brochure
RP-2 Flow-Thru Electrolytic Plating System for SMT Micro Components
Plates as Small as 50µm Without Agglomeration
This fully automatic plater uses high speed rotation and centrifugal force to optimize electrical contact between the plating material and cathode, It also uses inertia when the equipment brakes to a rapid stop to force fluid mixing of the plating material. This ensures a homogeneous deposit thickness, as well as high current density operation that is substantially greater than what’s technically possible with conventional barrel plating. The RP-2 is ideal for electrolytic plating of nickel, tin and copper plating, as well as fine powders.
- Plates 3-5X faster than traditional barrel systems
- Exceptional deposit uniformity
- Filter changes make enable plating with fine powders (10-50 µm)
- Accommodates chip capacities of 2 mil X 1 mil
- Enclosed process manages fumes and evaporation
- Minimal drag-out design
- Does not require media for plating
- Dual-chemical reservoirs standard
- User programmable logic control, with touch screen interface
- Equipped for R&D or production
- Environmentally friendly, labor-saving design
- Process plating (first plate, rinse, second plate) can be performed in one module.
- The number of modules can be increased to suit user specifications.
See the RP-2 FA video: wmv or mov